We’ve all adjusted to the pandemic in our everyday lives, but for those of you who don’t buy a home everyday, here’s a list of things you can do as a buyer of a home to protect yourself, your family and our community against the spread of the virus:
- Before your visit, learn as much as you can about the home, to help limit your time in the house, by viewing the photos, virtual tour and floorplan (if available).
- Let your Realtor know if you have recently travelled outside of Canada or have been in contact with someone who has, if you have experienced any symptoms of illness or come into contact with someone who has, or if you have come into contact with anyone with a presumptive or confirmed Covid-19 diagnosis.
- Limit your party to only those who will be parties to the offer contract. Avoid bringing additional family members, friends or children if possible.
- Meet your Realtor at the property; avoid sharing a vehicle.
- Ensure physical distancing (2 metres apart) with your Realtor during the showing.
- Use hand sanitizer immediately before and after the showing.
- Wear a mask.
- Minimize the touching of surfaces in the home.
- Do not use the washroom at the showing.
- Limit your time inside the home. Hold conversations outdoors as much as possible.
- Inform your Realtor if you experience any symptoms of illness after the showing.
Questions? Call or text me at 416-725-3544.