– Me, as your Realtor – if you have any questions for me on Canada Day, then feel free to call/text/email me.
– Sellers, for home showings. It is, of course, the seller’s decision whether or not to allow showings at their home on any given day. Generally speaking, sellers can allow showings and buyers can go look at homes on Canada Day.
– Land Registry Office – this is a government office which is required for closing a real estate purchase/sale/mortgage, therefore, closings cannot happen on Canada Day.
– Banks and other institutional lenders – any dealings with these institutions which require staff assistance will not be able to be completed on Canada Day.
– Real estate lawyers – law firms will be closed on Canada Day. Of course, you might be able to reach your particular lawyer, if your lawyer is working that day.
IT DEPENDS (some services involved in real estate may or may not be open, so check with each one specifically (or let your Realtor do the work for you):
– Mortgage representatives
– Home inspectors
– Self-employed individuals involved in preparing your home for sale, such as renovators, handyperson services, cleaners, stagers, etc.
Thinking about buying or selling a home? Contact me for more information: 416-725-3544.